Melanie's blog list

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kissing the Bricks *Again*






From Track Side with Melli
What a great ending to a long race Sunday at the Brickyard where Nascar spends a few days on the hollowed grounds of one of the greats racing tracks in the world.
The Indy or Brickyard has almost 100 years of history and now Nascar has itched its small part of the history as to being the only non open wheel racing league to race at the Royal Crown of racing. I have to say that I was working in the ER Sunday, the TVs went down, and the call went out to Cox to GET IT FIXED pronto. I work with several ER Docs that are just crazy about Nascar as I am, and with small flat screens in each treatment area watching a race isn't a problem, so when the cable went down I thought there was going to be another emergency lol all got fixed and I watched the last 20 laps and boy o boy I needed O2 at about this time lmao, I hear this "MELLLLIE!!!! get in here your lil guy is LEADING this damn thing" LOL well, I was with a patient and got over to the flat screen when I could and yeppers he was then I'm hearing the very upset Juan Pablo Montoya yelling that he got robbed for the speeding penalty, and that hurts.
Jimmy took the lead, with Mr. Mark right on his butty kissing it for 10labs OMG I just had to walk away and not watch and get busy doing what I love to do.
Jimmy ended up winning by 2/100th of a sec, Mark lost by 2/100 of a sec oh well, he was very happy and had a blast, plus he got the coveted pole which at the Brickyard is a big deal.
Mark is now 9th in the points and we need to keep going up up up.
I'm hearing that the Brickyard may be no more for Nascar as a scheduled race, as AAA is not going to be the primary sponsor starting next year. When the crappy economy I'm not surprised, I'm sure they are looking in earnest for a title sponsor.
The Brickyard is one of the biggest purses from to 43, finishing last will pocket a team 200K and that for some is a lot.
As for the Jeremy Mayfield deal, it's sad to see a talent go down the way he is going down...as of Sat of this past week they sold off the hauler and cars, they only thing left is shop inventory which I'm sure will be sold soon.
I just can't get why some that are doing so well, turn to drugs ext, I just don't get it and I thank God I never had that problem....in all my 57 yrs I have never tried anything including pot, I just feel the need for it, and if my mom and day and other of my Italian family ever found out, I wouldn't be sitting here ranting here LOL.
Have a great rest of the week, keep cool, keep the water close until the hideous summer of HEAT is over lol.
Ciao for now
Hugs to all and God is so good

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie-Mae...I don't know anything about NASCAR, but I love your enthusiasm! Keep it up ! Oh, and tell us more about your new job and what you do for fun on your off hours..