Melanie's blog list

Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Marathon Race Day


This is the time of year for all of us who love auto racing get out fill as it's the mother of all racing marathons, starting in Monaco for the Monte Carlo 400 it was won by Jensen Button, I have no clue who he is as I don't follow F1 (sorry don't kill me lol). I'm sure Monaco is a beautiful place from what I've seen on TV and read. Anyway, onward I go with the days happenings....
There was a Cinderella Story Ending for Helio Castroneves who won his 3rd Indy 500 which was good to see. But I have to say that during the race there were a couple of nasty crashes, in which one drive Miaria ??(sp) was injured with 2 broken vertebrae in his back, and earlier in the race during a caution pit stop, his pit area caught fire but was ok thank God, then the accident. It was reported on Fox sports he won't need surgery he will be fitted for a back brace and will be discharged tomorrow.
As for the Sprint Cup race it's been postponed due to rain it will run tomorrow Monday 05-25 at noon EST.
So that's the haps in the racing world have a continued good Memorial Weekend....just one side thought here, the pre-race show for Nascar was the best I've seen in years.
Ciao for now

No comments: